Wednesday, July 2, 2014

Raheel takes work seriously

My definition of a disability is people with disabilities can go out and work.
They should work hard on math.  Even though people have a
disability, they should learn math and money skills. They should
take their time on their exams even though they have a disability.  In
the summer, students  with disabilities should go on job sites to work.  They
need to get the work experience.

I worked last summer at the NYS Talking Book and Braille Library.  I
labeled brochures about the library.  I labeled cassette tapes for recycling. 
I also shipped old Braille books to India and Nigeria.  I was able to meet more people. 

This summer, I will be working at NTYSUT calling people, writing for this blog and
doing research.
Make a comment about what you think people with disabilities can do!
Raheel


 

3 comments:

  1. YOU THINK PEOPLE WITH DISABILITIES SHOULD WORK BUT I THINK THAT ALL WORK AND NO PLAY MAKES JACK A DULL BOY! EVER HEARD OF THAT EXPRESSION? WHAT DO YOU DO FOR FUN AFTER WORK? I LIKE TO GET TOGETHER WITH MY FRIENDS. SOMETIMES WE GO TO A MOVIE OR TO THE PARK TO HANG OUT. WORK IS IMPORTANT BUT SO IS FUN. AGREE OR DISAGREE?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree. I like to go on my iPod at home. I love to surf the web on my laptop. I am sometimes on facebook.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think work and play need to be balanced. You can gain something from both kinds of activities. Believe it or not sometimes work can be fun and play can be hard work!!

    ReplyDelete