Monday, October 28, 2013

Bullybust is a nationwide bully prevention awareness effort

BULLYBUST and WICKED congratulate the winners of the “Defying Gravity” Essay Contest!

The “Defying Gravity” Essay contest took place in 2010, and hundreds of students from all across the country participated to share how they took a stand, and did not let bullying get them down.

Finalist

My name is Natalie and I'm 13-years-old. I am interested in reading, writing, and science. My hobbies are Irish dance, ballet, drawing, photography, singing, acting, and running. I love going to school, the library, and hanging out with friends. I also really like spending time with my family. Someday, I hope to be a social studies teacher.
Winning this contest was a big achievement for me. When a person reads this biography, you should know you can always find help and there is always a way out. It is everyone's responsibility to prevent bullying. It may only take one person to bully but it also only takes one person to stop it. You should be that one to stop it. If you don't think you can handle it on your own, just ask a trusted adult for help.
                                   

Warwick Valley Middle School - Warwick, NY
Paste this link to your web browser and read Natalie's essay
http://www.schoolclimate.org/bullybust/educators/essay#ammie

No comments:

Post a Comment