Sunday, January 6, 2013

Falling in Love
    Have you ever done something for the first time and fallen completely in love with it? I have. There were dance tryouts announced over the loudspeaker at school. My friends and I thought it would be fun. It was hip-hop dance. I always liked to dance but never had the chance to find out if I was good. I tried out and got in. The dance teacher said, "You are great! I would love it if you could help me this year with this dance program." My dance team performed in every holiday program my school held. I remember the spring concert.  I was feeling nervous, happy, anxious and scared at the same time. When I started to dance I felt completely like I was where I was supposed to be doing what I loved. That was the day I decided to major in dance and follow my dreams.

Mya Boyd
A.B. Davis Middle School
Mt. Vernon, NY

1 comment:

  1. I know how you feel about dance! I love it too. Just watching people dance makes me feel great.

    ReplyDelete